Friday, September 3, 2010

Good start to a Good day

Soooo, I know I suffer from some severe blog absenteeism, and for that I am sorry.  It has been stupid busy down here during the first full week of school.  I will give a legit updates of funky fish finds, new people, irish accents, garifuna parties, getting schooled in soccer, etc later today or this weekend, but let this suffice as an appetizer for now:

I woke up at 4:50am this morning with my roommates Harrison and John.  Harrison was a teacher here last year (and now this year) and John is temporarily chillin on our living room floor until he finds his own place.  Harrison is a cool dude and reminds me of Paul Walker and John is a pretty awesome pre-med dude down here volunteering at Clinica Esperanza (http://clinicaesperanza.homestead.com/).  Anyyywaysss...we got up at 4:50am this morning jamming to the "Waving Flag"  World Cup song, went snorkeling in the bay down the street, hunted and killed (?) the same lionfish I saw before, and allllmost caught some lobster.  The sun wasn't even up when we woke up.  All this was accomplished with enough time to shower up and walk down the dirt road to catch the school bus at 6am.

Shallow coral area- once you get past this you're outta the bay and into the big ol' ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment